MEMORY SUPPORT PROGRAMMING
People experiencing symptoms of dementia live in the moment. In Skyline’s residential Memory Support Neighborhood, we make sure that every moment is enjoyable.
Just because somebody has a memory impairment doesn’t mean they should accept a lower quality of life. We have created a unique and effective approach to memory care in Seattle. We provide a daily activities schedule to keep residents engaged during the daytime, and then quietly tone down activities in the evening to help residents settle in for the night.
Daily activities in Skyline’s Memory Support Neighborhood include:
- Creative storytelling—discussion groups where residents share stories without the importance of remembering
- Art—painting and art projects
- Outings and day trips to art museums and restaurants
- Music programming—using SingFit, a music program that “turns music into medicine”. See a SingFit™ demonstration
- Elderwise classes and events – engaging adults with memory loss to live creatively and meaningfully. Learn more about Elderwise
- It’s Never Too Late – newly introduced at Skyline, It’s Never Too Late helps older adults learn how to utilize and enjoy computers and technology in their lives. Learn more about It’s Never Too Late
Learn more about our Memory Support Neighborhood by calling 206.880.7413 or filling out the form on this page.